There are many specialties in Alsace like The onion pie.
It is a main dish often cooking with bacon and served with fresh salad. It is a delicious! Onions are considered as vegetables or condiments. There are around 1000 varieties and some have a lot of vitamins as the onion of Roscoff. The onion is famous for its power on the health. In effect, it is one of the best natural antioxidant for human body. The antioxidants enable to protect cells in the body thank to the “Quercétine”.
Difficulty : (medium)
Time : 20 minutes
Cooking : 30 minutes
- A pie plate
- A frying plate
- 1 pie crust
- 8 onions
- 0,441 Ib bacon (200g)
- 1 egg
- 6,667 Oz milk (20 cl)
- 0,11 Ib stale bread (50g)
- 0,705 Oz butter (20g)
- Salt and pepper
The preparation of pie crust :
- You mix delicately 100g of soft butter and 200g of flour.
- Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.
- You mix well then add a ½ glass of water.
- You knead the mix during 5 minutes.
- Let the pie crust in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
The preparation of onion pie :
- For to realize the recipe you start by to prepare all the ingredients.
- In the first place, you roll pie crust out on the work surface. To butter the pie plate.
- Now peel the onions then you mince them.
- Soak the slices of bread in a plate containing the milk.
- In the second place, cooking onions with butter in a frying pan during 5 minutes. Then you can add the bread. You can mix. Add the egg and salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Leave to cook it long enough and you add bacon in the same frying pan during 5 minutes.
- In the last stage, pour the preparation in the pie plate and cooking in oven at 180 degrees Celsius during 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. You can serve the onion pie with a fresh salad or tomatoes according to your tastes.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD: You can sprinkle the onion pie with parmesan cheese before cooking.
TASTER : « This onion pie is a real delight !” – “It is an easy recipe to realize and everyone in the family like the taste. » – « I love this pie ! »
Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to post your suggestions, pictures or questions in a comment. I wish you a good reading and let’s go cooking !