Do your children like to cook ? Great ! This is an easy recipe for little cooks.
Invite all your family and your children in the kitchen to realize homemade shortbread biscuits of Christmas. I give you the authentic recipe and then you can invent others recipes according to your imagination. Next, you choose many cookie cutters with different forms like a star or a snowman. The shortbread biscuits of Christmas remind us about childhood and our memories of the Christmas. As unavoidable as the Christmas log or the chocolate truffles, you will discover the secrets of preparation of homemade shortbread biscuits of Christmas.
Difficulty : (low)
Time : 1 hour
Cooking : 20 minutes
- cookie cutters
- plastic container
- 250g flour
- 125g butter
- 125g sugar
- 1 spoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 spoon of vanilla sugar
- Baking powder
Preparation of shortbread biscuits :
- Put the flour into plastic container with pieces of butter.
- In the first time, mix flour and butter with your hands.
- In the second time, dig a well in the center of your preparation.
- Add in the well the sugar, salt, egg and baking powder
- Knead the mix until you have a homogeneous and compacted ball of pastry.
- Press your ball of pastry on work surface with your hands. Careful ! Do not mix your ball of pastry too much longer because it will become breakable.
- Leave for one and half hours in the refrigerator.
- Spread the pastry on work surface with a little flour.
- To customize your shortbread biscuits, you can add spices, chocolate or coconut in the pastry according to your tastes. There are a lot of cookie cutters with different forms, so you will be able to realize perfect biscuits.
- Then cook your biscuits during 15 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : After cooking, you can keep your biscuits in watertight box for a better preservation.
TASTER : “My children like to realize their own cookies, this is a good recipe !” – “Great ! Thanks OPERAL FOOL. I added in my pastry a little lemon, it is very delicious !”
The sugar icing
For shortbread of Christmas, the taste is very important but the form too. You can use a glass for realize beautiful circles but you can create, according to your imagination, cookie cutters in form as a Christmas tree, a star or a snowman. Moreover, to decorate your biscuits, you can make a sugar icing. It is possible to add food coloring to get a colorful icing.
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 flavor like vanilla or orange blossom
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- Food coloring according to your choices.
Preparation of the sugar icing :
- In the mixer, pour the egg white and lemon juice.
- Let the mixer run before adding the icing sugar.
- Then, you can add the flavor and the food coloring according to your tastes.
- Your preparation has to be thick.
- Spread the sugar icing on your biscuits.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : You can spread the sugar icing on our biscuits when it is again tepid.
Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to post your suggestions, pictures or questions in a comment. I wish you a good reading and let’s go cooking !