You welcome some friends for a buffet dinner (and drinks), but you are short of ideas.
It’s not a problem thanks to OPERAL FOOD. You will find two easy and fast recipes below to serve at your pre-dinner. Firstly, the recipe of the guacamole for a hot and Mexican atmosphere. Secondly, the recipe of savory olives cake for a chic and classic atmosphere.
Difficulty : (low)
Time : 20 min
- 1 bowl
- 1 saucepan
- 4 avocados
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tomato
- 3 spoons of lemon juice
- 1 spoon olive oil
- A little of green chili pepper
- Tortilla chips
Preparation of Guacamole :
- Peel and chop a red onion. Put onion pieces in a bowl.
- Then, peel four avocados and remove the avocado’s kernel.
- Cook the tomato during 15 seconds into hot water. After, put this tomato under cold water to peel it more easily.
- Cut the tomato in little pieces and put them in bowl.
- In the mixer, you put avocados and olive oil. Then, add the garlic clove and lemon juice.
- Finally, mix the mashed avocado with the onion pieces and the pieces tomato in bowl. You can add salt according to your tastes.
- Leave for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Serve fresh with tortilla chips. You can serve A Tequila or a Margarita with the Guacamole. It will go well together.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : For more spice, it is possible to add some drops of Tabasco.
HISTORY : “The Guacamole is a sauce based avocados, it was created in Mexico. The original word comes from the time of the Aztecs.”
The olives cake
Difficulty : (low)
Time : 40 min
- A plastic container
- A Whisk
- A cake mold
- 3 eggs
- 180 g of flour
- Baking powder
- 120 g of grated cheese
- 100 g green olives
- 50 g black olives
- 10 cl olive oil
- 10 cl milk
- Butter for a cake mold
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of olives cake :
- In a plastic container, mix eggs, salt and pepper with a whisk.
- Add the flour and the baking powder. Then, slowly incorporate olive oil and milk.
- Finally, you can add the green and black olives with the grated cheese.
- Put butter in the cake mold and pour your preparation.
- Cook this cake during 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : To get a creamy cake, you can whip up egg whites and incorporate them slowly in the preparation.
TASTER : “This is a classic recipe but it is very delicious !”
Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to post your suggestions, pictures or questions in a comment. I wish you a good reading and let’s go cooking !