To accompany you during the long winter evenings, here are hot food recipes.
They will give you all energy to face cold. The potato has a long history. It was born in South America then it arrived in Europe in 1570. Today, there are more 600 varieties of potatoes in world.
Time : 15 minutes
Cooking : 10 minutes
- 1 salad spinner
- 1 plastic container
- 1 frying pan
- Fresh Salad
- 2 turkey escalope
- 2 spoon of honey
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 spoon of pine nuts
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of Turkey escalope :
- Firstly, peel a red onion and cut it in many pieces.
- Secondly, cut tomatoes in four.
- Chop the turkey escalope with a big knife. Watch out for the fingers !
- Leave the turkey escalopes to marinate into honey and lemon juice.
- In a frying pan, cook red onion and tomatoes. You can add salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Then, add the marinated turkey escalopes into frying pan and cook during 10 minutes.
- Before to serve, sprinkle pine nuts on your meat.
- Finally, prepare your plate with a fresh salad and drop off your marinated turkey escalopes into your plate with vegetables.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : It is recommended to caramelize red onions in frying pan with honey, butter and a little of sugar to get a sugary taste.
TASTER : “I realized this recipe for my family the last week. We loved it.” – “I agree with you OPERAL FOOD, the caramelized onions give a very delicious taste !”
The Gratin Dauphinois
Difficulty : (low)
Time : 10 minutes
Cooking : 1h30
- 1 saucepan
- 1 hollow mold
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 75cl of milk
- 25cl of fresh cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 spoon of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of Gratin Dauphinois
- Peel and cut the garlic clove.
- In a saucepan, boil milk and fresh cream with the crushed garlic.
- Add into the preparation, a spoon of nutmeg. Then add salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- In a first time, wash and peel potatoes.
- In a second time, cut potatoes in fine slices.
- Grease with butter the hollow mold.
- Put the fine slices of potatoes into mold and pour the preparation on potatoes.
- Cook during 1 hour 30 at 180 degrees Celsius.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : You can add a lot of grated cheese on the gratin before cooking. It is so delicious !
TASTER : “My son loves potatoes a lot. So when he ate my gratin, that is become his favorite recipe !”
Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to post your suggestions, pictures or questions in a comment. I wish you a good reading and let’s go cooking !