As every beginning of the year, we eat the traditional frangipane cake with all family.
Today, it exist many traditional or original recipes to make this galette. It is possible to realize this cake with apples, chocolate or even cherries according to your wishes. You will find in this article all information to realize a beautiful epiphany cake! Let’s go cooking !
Difficulty : (medium)
Time : 15 minutes
Cooking : 30 minutes
- A pie mold
- A plastic container
- A beautiful lucky charm
- 2 puff pastries
- 100 g almond powder
- 75 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g butter
- A tablespoon vanilla extract
- A tablespoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk to brown your pastry
The preparation of galette of the kings :
- Before beginning your recipe, preheat your oven at 210 degrees Celsius.
- Put a puff pastry in a pie mold. Prick the pastry with a fork.
- In a plastic container, mix all ingredients.
- Firstly, almond powder, sugar and egg.
- Secondly, add soft butter, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Pour the preparation on your puff pastry and put the lucky charm. You must put it in a corner of the puff pastry.
- Thanks to the second puff pastry close your pie. Humidify corners to stick the two parties together.
- With a knife, you can decorate and draw on your galette of the kings.
- Brown your pastry with an egg yolk and a little water.
- Make small holes on your galette to avoid that it blows up.
- Cooking during 30 minutes at 210 degrees Celsius.
TIPS of OPERAL FOOD : It is possible to add fresh cream in your preparation to get a creamy galette of the kings. You can add chocolate chips (white or dark) into your cake according to your tastes.
TASTER : “Excellent ! I just added a little more sugar in my mix.” “I love much Epiphany. Thank you for this good recipe.”
History by operal food
HISTORY : Epiphany is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God in his Son as the incarnation of Jesus Christ. The traditional date for the feast is January 6.
Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to post your suggestions, pictures or questions in a comment. I wish you a good reading and let’s go cooking !